Re: Peter Frederick and Temperaprint

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 11/21/04-01:29:35 PM Z

Hi Helena, I corresponded with Peter a short while before he became ill re making temperaprints and I've just started doing some in the last few days, alongside my gum printing.
Some things I've noticed - do you agree?
You have to put the print straight in the wash after exposure - its much more critical than with gum.
The temperaprint has way more contrast than gum, so you can't use the same negatives.
It's much easier to get brilliant colour with temperaprint.

I have taken great liberties with Peter's process - I'm using Hahnemuhle printmaking paper with dilute acrylic gesso as size - seems to be perfect!
I'm also using watercolour paints (Maimeri)

Questions:
Are others using diginegs for this process?
Has anyone used gouache?
I'm sure I have other q's but am being plagued by a 3 yr old right now
To be continued......
Kate