Re: Help with what I believe is a hardening issue

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/22/04-12:11:47 AM Z

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Jack Fulton wrote:

> I've had, since the late 1960's, a gallon of Formalin (37% formaldehyde)
> which is the primary form used in photography. It comes from a local Bay Area
> laboratory. There are a few small flakes of a white substance on the bottom
> of the heavy duty plastic jug and other than that there seems to be zero
> deterioration.
> Jack Fulton

This also is more or less my experience, though only from the '80s, not
the '60s... However, Jack, permit me to suggest that you sell the remains
of that gallon in, say, 8-ounce containers for, say, $40 each.... you
could make enough to buy that Christmas laptop -- Oh, wait a minute, that
was Tom. Well, at least a good dinner out.

J.