Re: What/how is Magnani Pescia sized with?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/26/04-11:54:32 AM Z

Ryuji,
It just shows that everything is relative. My characterization of Pescia
as "absorbent" was in comparison to other papers I've used a lot, which
are mostly hot press and other papers that are all harder and less
absorbent than Pescia. I offered Daniel Smith's description of Pescia as
"very lightly sized" for whatever it was worth, but I wouldn't agree
with them that Pescia shouldn't be soaked, as it does keep its integrity
well under soaking, as you say. I can't claim any familiarity with BFK,
since I only printed a few sheets of it early in my gum printing career
when I was trying a lot of different papers-- didn't like it well enough
to keep using it further.
kt