Re: Research Question - Darkrooms closed?

From: Diana Bloomfield ^lt;dhbloomfield@bellsouth.net>
Date: 10/08/04-05:38:43 PM Z

I just got back from spending a few days outside Chicago where I had an
exhibit at a 2 year community college there--with beautiful brand new
wet darkroom facilities--state of the art--really nice. They teach a
lot of alt processes as well, and so have built in UV lights. It was
all very impressive. But here in Raleigh, the NC State University
School of Design dismantled their wet darkroom some years ago (maybe
6?) and went digital. Any student, Design or otherwise, who wants to
learn to make prints the old fashioned way has to come over to the NCSU
Crafts Center to do it..