Re: Sodium Bisulfite

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 10/13/04-04:06:19 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

 This morning it was pristine white in the
> bath. Both of the cleared stains looked paper- white when wet, but on
> drying took on a slight bluish grey tone, very faint.

This could be misleading if read literally; what I meant was not that
the cleared gum was white when wet but that it appeared clear and
colorless, showing the white of the paper transparently, but on drying
did take on a bluish grey cast. Hardened gum itself has no color but is
clear and transparent as a film.
kt