Re: PDN Negatives and Epson Ink Jet

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 10/16/04-08:55:07 AM Z

Sandy, do you want some sheets of PW material? I can bring them to your
office (what an unforeseen benefit of SC--both Sandy King and Sam Wang on
the same campus!). Then you can answer for me definitively if it works for
pt/pd and kallitype. I sent some to Don, too, when I sent him my gum prints
for this traveling portfolio.

One correction I said in the past: I was talking about this Office Max
substrate that felt like the PW material. I take that back. It prints
fine, but inconsistently at times. Unfortunately, I found this out too
late, until after I had printed my image. I thought I had unevenly coated
my cyanotype solution, but when checking the negative it is there. Since it
doesn't crop up all the time, I guess the substrate is somewhat suitable, as
long as you check your negs before printing. But on one neg I had spots of
less density sprinkled throughout, on another neg a streak of less density.
I do not get such inconsistency with the PW material. The only problem I
have had with the PW is the time when it was loaded incorrectly and
stretched.

I would be really interested to find out if your workflow fits with the PW.

Also, what size and what price is the Epson material?
Chris