Re: gum prints from digital color sepations. (Since the topic has been brought up)

From: gdimase@hotmail.com
Date: 10/29/04-09:42:41 PM Z

Hi,
You have two wrong pigments.
The yellow cadmium is not transparent, you must use the lemon yellow.
Ruby red is also a difficult color, try magenta.
Another thing you should try is different manufacturers, color gum printing
doesn't follow the conventional watercolor quality.
I find Smiincke a difficult maker for color gum printing, my most successful
maker is Maimeri or Venezia that has gum based colors and obviously dissolve
better with the Arabic gum.
You should obtain beautiful full colors with three layers (RGB) only.
Giovanni