Re: CMYK separations on Adobe Photoshop

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 10/31/04-12:50:09 PM Z

Joe Smigiel wrote:

> Do you know of any examples of side-by-side, RGB vs CMYK 4-color gum
> image tests which show evidence contrary to my online example?

Sorry, I missed this last part on first quick reading. My objection was
to the idea that RGB creates brown weird pictures like the ones you
showed; I was simply saying that it makes no sense to me since I've
never made a brown tricolor picture like your example; my colors are
more bright and clear and the color balance is much more natural than
this example you've given. Since you've said that you didn't mean to
imply that tricolors from RGB files will be brown and strange like your
example, then I suppose my objection is moot.

It seems to me that I recall Judy saying sometime that she made side by
side tests and found that a gum print from RGB and a gum print from the
CMY printers of default CMYK separations were for all intents and
purposes indistinguishable. That's the only test that I know of, and
Judy can tell you whether I'm remembering that right or not.

Katharine