Re: CMYK separations on Adobe Photoshop

From: gdimase@hotmail.com
Date: 10/31/04-09:28:12 PM Z

Khatarine wrote:
If you're talking about the default Photoshop CMYK
> space, you are talking about a space that was designed to optimize the
> printing of color images in commercial printing inks on coated
> commercial printing papers; this space distorts the color information in
> the original file to accommodate the characteristics and limitations of
> printing inks and papers and has nothing whatever to do with printing
> pure pigments in gum on art paper.
 Following this interpretation of CYMK how do you "accomodate" pure pigments
in gum on art paper?
Yes, when you switch by Photoshop to CYMK and produce the 4 layers on
negative and print them the picture is not "accomodate".
Yes, we go back to the issue of GCR and UCR with endless possible
"accomodations" by changing the variables on color settings with black
generations and ink settings.
What is your experience on this matter and gum printing.
Thanks,
Giovanni