Re: Traveling Portfoliio Cheers

From: Susan Huber ^lt;shuber@ssisland.com>
Date: 09/01/04-06:21:06 AM Z

RE: Traveling Portfoliio Cheers
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Collum
  To: rocky@pdq.net ; alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
  Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:14 PM
  Subject: RE: Traveling Portfoliio Cheers

  Thanks for taking the time on commenting. The buttons is actually red. Everything in the cement factory is covered in a fine gray dust, so what you're seeing is the red thru the dust. The actual photograph that was used for this image is :

  http://www.jcollum.com/urban/images/collum_039.jpg

  Neither the colors, nor their placement in these prints have been made up.. and if anything, they are less saturated than the actual colors (the result of having pigments laid down on uncoated watercolor paper). I guess it's a matter of where someone is coming from. Most color photographers object to the colors because they are too mute, b/w photographers because they too vivid :^)

  I guess the bottom line is they satisfy me, and I sell a lot of them :^)

  Thanks for looking at my images. I've only been doing alt-processes for about 8 months (ciba and b/w fiber for about 20 yrs though).

                jim