Re: OT FLAT BEDS FOR LARGE NEGS

From: henk thijs ^lt;henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Date: 09/02/04-09:38:56 AM Z

>DEAR LIST,
> Here is another strange request from Barbados. I am working
>on 2,000 glass
>plate negatives up to 6 1/2 X 9 1/2 inches. I want to scan them and,
>needless to say, they don't wrap around a scanning drum very well! Does
>anyone know of a flat bed scanner that can take negs and transparencies up
>to 8X10 inches? Or at least 6 1/2 X 9 1/2?
> As this is another of my strange OT requests please feel free
>to e-mail me
>off list if you think this would not be of interest to others.
> CHEERS!
> BOB
>

>Please check my website: www.bobkiss.com

Hi Bob.
I just tried on my Epson -cheap- flatbed scanner 1650 an adapter
meant for the 1660 called EPSON FILM ADAPTER B81317* ; it can handle
35mm, 120/220 and 4x5 inch. The price in Holland incl. VAT is about
130 Euro.
I installed the software and it works.
For the moment I have no idea of quality; normally I scan negs just
for documentation and to choose the right neg before starting in the
darkroom.
Cheers,
Henk

--
H e n k  T h i j s  -  P h o t o g r a p h y