Re: OT FLAT BEDS FOR LARGE NEGS

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 09/02/04-10:09:37 AM Z

From: henk thijs <henk.thijs@hetnet.nl>
Subject: Re: OT FLAT BEDS FOR LARGE NEGS
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 17:38:56 +0200

> I just tried on my Epson -cheap- flatbed scanner 1650 an adapter
> meant for the 1660 called EPSON FILM ADAPTER B81317* ; it can handle
> 35mm, 120/220 and 4x5 inch. The price in Holland incl. VAT is about
> 130 Euro.

This doesn't help Bob but...

I don't remember if I posted about this model in this list, but for
sizes up to 4x5, there's a new model from Epson called F-3200. What's
unique about this scanner is that, it is designed as a dedicated
photographic scanner for negatives up to 4x5 and prints up to 4x6 at
3200 dpi, equipped with a 2.5" LCD monitor and arrow keys to do basic
cropping, some contrast/color/etc correction, print the test strips,
and print the image and/or save the data to CF cards without an aid of
a computer. Of course this unit works as an ordinary scanner with a
computer. It can mount 12 frames of 35mm at a time, and it takes
about 30 sec per frame of 35mm to scan. You can see other negative
carriers and other info on the web site:

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/scanner/f3200/f32001.htm

and links therein.

They say it was on sale as of 27 August. This has no suggested retail
price but it is expected to be about US$500 equivalent.

Just FYI.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.