Re: PVA for gum printing

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 09/03/04-04:18:33 AM Z

Hi, long time no hear!

I'm creating hardened gum (not PVA) right now for the first phase of the
analysis; hopefully the result of that first analysis will be available
in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty excited about it.

Do you or anyone know of any reason why mylar shouldn't be used for a
substrate for hardening the gum? The chemist I'm working with is going
to analyze the mylar somehow to make sure there's nothing that the gum
could pick up from it in the brief time it sits on the mylar sheet that
could contaminate the sheet, but I'm still a little nervous about it. He
wanted glass, but I couldn't get the gum to stick on the glass (I'm just
finishing a post about that that I'll send in a minute) so I've settled
on mylar as a reluctant second. The nice thing about mylar is that it is
easier to deal with a lot of mylar sheets with gum on them than it would
be to deal with a lot of pieces of glass with gum on them.
Katharine Thayer