Re: Printing gum on hard surface

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 09/04/04-03:21:49 AM Z

MARTINM wrote:

> Coating a colloid on a glass substrate typically involves (prior to coating)
> extensive washing (sodium/potassium hydroxide, nitric acid, chromic acid and
> the like). Silane (e.g. 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane) may be another step...

I think it may be misleading to make a general statement about "coating
a colloid on glass," since gelatin is often recommended, by those who
do a lot of gum printing on glass, as a sub for the gum coat. In other
words, I get the impression that gelatin must be a lot easier to coat
on glass than gum is. But at any rate, all the above sounds like more
work than this project is worth to me.

Katharine