Re: Statistics (was: Re: 55 minute download

From: Nick Zentena ^lt;zentena@sympatico.ca>
Date: 09/04/04-11:23:52 AM Z

On September 4, 2004 4:33 am, Katharine Thayer wrote:
> Sandy, I didn't say that people who use broadband are elitists. What I
> said was that listmembers who say that everyone on the list should use
> broadband are elitists. There's a difference.

 The funny thing about these discussions is that locally the people least
likely to have seen the offending message are those with broadband. To the
best of my knowledge none of the local DSL or cable systems allow messages of
that size. Why? The combination of broadband and a virus is a pretty good way
to bring everything to a stop. The dialup ISPs are more liberal in allowing
large files because the damage a dialup account can do is so much lower.

 Nick