Re: tip for ink jet neg substrates

From: mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 09/10/04-09:00:19 AM Z

Chris,
There might be something to this theory. My Pt/Pd negatives carry much
more ink then gum negatives. My Pd curves go to about 90% and gum curve to
about 60%, so that the amount of ink laid down from the same picture is
very different. I have been swamped printing a B&W portfolio for a show
and unabble to do any alt printing. I will try to print a gum negative
(black ink only) on my 2200 this weekend and will let you know on the
results. I use glossy paper as a substrate selection when printing.
I made some 3 and 4 color gum prints from negatives printes on OHP and
while I love the negatives (printed with all colors), I don't think I can
afford that kind of hobby.
Stay tuned