Introduction and a Gum Arabic Question

From: Iain Williams ^lt;vasago@dis-city.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: 09/10/04-11:03:12 AM Z

Hello Everyone

I've been watching the list a fortnight now and I've learned a lot ! , my main interests at the moment are Cyanotypes and Gum Printing, I'm having good results with the Cyanotype with both the original formula and the Mike Wear formula ( which is a lot more sensitive to paper type )
and have started Gum Printing with Gloy glue which I've not been to happy with , so i thought I'd try Gum Arabic which i bought from an online art supply house .
    My question is this , the gum Arabic arrived as a white powder , what's the best way to liquefy it ? , hot or cold water , distilled or tap water ? ,

Cheers

Iain Williams