Re: Introduction and a Gum Arabic Question

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 09/10/04-02:57:25 PM Z

IF you have a blender or food processor, whip it up with cold water in your
dilution of choice. I do 1 gum +2 water (e.g. 100 grams gum and 200 ml
water). You can use it immediately. If you have to do it by hand, add a
bit of water and stir and keep doing that, just like you are mixing up flour
into a paste. You don't need distilled water, but if you have some, that is
OK, too. Definitely use a preservative or it'll sour on you quickly. You
can keep it in the fridge, though, for a while and it'll be fine. I think
this'll get ya started.
Chris