Re: Papers for Cyanotype

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 09/10/04-01:02:50 PM Z

From: Martin Angerman <paleophoto@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Papers for Cyanotype
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 19:57:14 -0700

> I have unofficially heard that Crane's cover, 90# is close to the
> Platinotype. You can get it at many generic paper suppliers. West coast
> U.S. has a series named Kelly Paper. It was ~$20.00 for a pack of 120
> sheets, 8.5 x 11 inches. It is also available in 23 x 29 inches. They have
> it in several "colors," fluorescent white, natural and ivory are common.

I find the paper weights confusing so I had to look this up. According
to papermaking section of Chicago Manual, Cover papers are measured in
20x26 size, and 90 pounds is equivalent to 243 grams per square meter.
Does this sound right? If this is real and the paper can sustain wet
processing, I'll give it a try! But please give me a bit more of
confidence before I make a trip to a store (which is actually only a
couple of blocks away).

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.