Re: Papers for Cyanotype

From: STUART GOLDSTEIN ^lt;email_stuart@yahoo.com>
Date: 09/12/04-08:25:13 AM Z

Some people like the Cranes for PT/PD others hate it.
The wet strength is not as great as other papers.

That said, I have used the Cranes 90# Cover Natural
White (cream color) for PT for 4 years. I'm happy with
it at the 8-1/2 by 11 size. I had problems with wet
strength with the 23 x 29 when processing a 18 x 20
something image.

I bought my paper directly from Cranes. It's not
available at the Crane's store locally. Special
order/specialty item.

Avoid the fluorescent and the bright papers. I was
told by their customer service rep that there are
additives in the paper that may react with the PT/PD
chemistry. Kid and natural white are safe -- at least
when I spoke to Cranes.

Stuart