RE: Presentation Question

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 09/11/04-11:02:44 AM Z

What hath I wrought, all with one tiny question?

Regarding the "rules" I cited, they are proportions found in nature, and
they are naturally pleasing to the eye/brain. I use rules like those,
consciously and subconsciously, whether I'm composing an image or building a
frame. But they are only jumping off points (kind of like climbing to the
top of a tall cliff or asking/stating what's "proper" on this list). For
example, an accomplished jazz musician may use the same notes and chords as
everyone else, but then s/he launches into a world all her/his own when the
time is right, and it still sounds good.

As far as many of you are concerned, you are accomplished and recognized
artists, and you have the leeway to do whatever strikes you with your
images. I, on the other hand, would like to make a good first impression to
make up for my lack of accomplishment and so I'll have a little easier path
to deviance, in the long run, than I would if I went all out in the
beginning. Once I have the chords and the rhythm down and a few people are
coming out to the club, I'll start to shake things up.

-Schuyler "Martin Luther" Grace