RE: GCR and UCR

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@gumphoto.com>
Date: 09/15/04-10:04:12 AM Z

seems like a lot of reminding...

In the first place, I have no idea what those acronyms refer to, nor does it
matter. Secondly, I don't know what the default is, but I thought it was
UCR, not GCR. I don't pretend to be an expert on this. People on this list
tend to refer to CMYK as if it were some static definition of color - as if
it were the opposite of RGB. That isn't the case. Originally, this thread
started with the supposition that an opaque yellow shouldn't be laid down as
the last coat of a CMYK derived gum print. I demonstrated, with two of my
works, that yellow very well COULD be done last, and that fiddling around
with UCR/GCR would have profound consequences on the amount of yellow that
might be applied.