RE: Prtg CMYK Separation NEGS in GUM

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@gumphoto.com>
Date: 09/15/04-10:04:35 AM Z

I'm not sure - refer to Don's post for a definition.

To see the difference in practice try this (in PS 6 and after):

1) Open an RGB file in Photoshop.
2) In PREFERENCES/COLOR SETTINGS, change the CMYK setting to UCR
3) Change the mode of your RGB file to CMYK
4) In the CHANNELS palette, take a good hard look at those channels.
5) Convert back to RGB
6) Now go back to COLOR SETTINGS and change the CMYK setting to GCR with
black generation = "medium". and the ink settings to 100 and 400, UCA to 0.
7) Convert to CMYK
8) Repeat step 4 and note the differences between these channels and the
ones in the prior CMYK space.

Keith