Re: Potassium Oxalate

From: nze christian ^lt;christian_nze@hotmail.com>
Date: 09/15/04-01:08:00 PM Z

Hello Sandy

if you have pH paper just add some more Carbonate , it should still fizz
when you add it. then there will be no more fizz the pH is closed to
neutral or even basic , but at this step there shoud be no more deposit.
then if the pH is basic or neutral just add a little of acid oxalic to get
a good slightly acid developer.

Amicalement
best regards

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com

Hell

>From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: Potassium Oxalate
>Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:22:17 -0400
>
>I used the anhydrous variety of potassium carbonate.
>
>Thanks for the information about concentration. I will add some water to
>the solution and see if the stuff at at bottom dissolves.
>
>Sandy
>

>>Sandy,
>>What form of potassium carbonate did you use? If it is anhydrous, then you
>>are about right, you can still add another few grams of potassium
>>carbonate, say 10 grams. If you used hydrated potassium carbonate, then
>>your proportions are off. By my estimation your solution is about 1.0M. I
>>don't find any benefits using solutions more concentrated then 0.9M (im my
>>practice, pritning Pd), so you can add some water to it (50-100cc).
>>You should not have any undissolved stuff.
>>Marek Matusz
>>
>>> I mixed up a solution of potassium oxalate
>>> following directions provided by Nzé Christian. I
>>> added 130 gs of oxalic acid to 500 ml of water,
>>> mixed until dissolved, and then added 100 gs of
>>> potassium carbonate, and finished by adding
>>> another 15 gs of potassium carbonate, and finally
>>> I topped off the solution to one liter. Distilled
>>> water was used.
>>>
>>> The solution works fine for printing but there is
>>> still some junk at the bottom of the container
>>> that has not dissolved. What did I do wrong? Do I
>>> need to add more water, increase the temperature
>>> of the mix, or other?
>>>
>>> Sandy King

o Sandy

If you have