Re: Potassium Oxalate

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 09/15/04-04:34:41 PM Z

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your comments, and thanks to all the
others who responded today to my questions about
potassium oxalate and oxalic acid.

The potassium oxalate solution that I mixed is
about pH 5.4 and in printing works exactly like
the old solution that I have been using in terms
of speed, exposure scale and tone.

But what about long term storage of potassium
oxalate solutions? Does the pH change over time?
I ask because I have an old bottle of the stuff,
stored partially full in a glass bottle, and
when I checked it the pH was over 8. Is it to be
expected that the pH increases with time, and if
so, should this be of concern?

Sandy