Re: Picture on metal

From: Timo Sund ^lt;timo@palaios.com>
Date: 09/22/04-04:41:03 AM Z

Galina Manikova wrote:
> Well, if I am to give some advice here, I would first consider how much
> time you want to spend on this matter, Timo!

Time is the only material I have plenty of.

> One can do cold processes as emulsion transfers of different sorts or

I´m more familiar with traditional photography processes. Enamelling
would produce excellent result but is at this point too expensive for me.

> I wonder if it is worth it if you just want one picture, Timo?

Amount of love can´t be measured?
I´m not romantic type of person but like enormous challenges?

> Sometimes we might need to reconsider our intentions...

Only sometimes???

> But by all means,
>
> good luck!

Thanks. As soon I`ll get few rawskins tanned and off my hands I´ll start
working on this process.

btw: does anyone know how to warm largescale aluminiumplates around 40C
and keep them that way for time it takes coat about 100cmx80cm plate
with liquid emulsion?

For smaller ones I´ve put together "heater" from old iron. Still needs
some minor enchantments done but it is already working. I´ll add some
new photos to my website as soon it´s up and running. Also that UV-box
is still under construction.

Today I finally get my new camerastand delievered(model circa 1860) Must
take some shots from it too.

--
Timo Sund
Palaios Photos