Re: sulfiding treatment and testing methods

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 09/25/04-02:10:27 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@silvergrain.org>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: sulfiding treatment and testing methods

> From: Jean-Paul Gandolfo <jpgalt@infonie.fr>
> Subject: Re: sulfiding treatment and testing methods (was
> Re: Does anyone know thisperson or the work)
> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:34:31 +0800
>
>> > The abstract is:
>> > http://www.imaging.org/store/epub.cfm?abstrid=1971
>> > There was a full paper published in the journal, which
>> > I can send you
>> > when I'm back in office.
>>
>> Thank's for the paper.
>
> I finally got to find it -- the full paper is
>
> Honda, C. 1998. A new method of predicting the oxidative
> discoloration
> of silver images, J. of Imaging Sci. and Tech., 42,
> 148-152.
>
> --
> Ryuji Suzuki

    The abstract is intresting, I may be able to get the
complete paper here providing the issue is one that escaped
the great fire of the L.A. public library some years ago.
They hold this journal but many numbers were destroyed.
    Honda seems to be confirming the findings of T.H.James
about residual thiosulfate. What is curious is that James
held off on publishing his work until similar findings were
reported by a researcher at Fuji.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA