Re: Liquid Emulsion-Coating Problems

From: Martin Angerman ^lt;paleophoto@adelphia.net>
Date: 09/25/04-09:35:21 PM Z

This brings up something that was puzzling me. Is there a colored tracer that can be added into solutions? This would allow seeing the coating, but would then wash out. Kind of like the AHC on film, whatever that is. My day job is in analytical chemistry and biotech, but I can't think of a soluble compound that would not stick like hell to either the gelatin protein or the paper carbohydrate.

Also, I am experimenting with a home made coating rod made of PVC. Costs less than a dollar, and it seems to be OK. I textured the surface a little and am getting reasonable coating wit Pd/Pt solution. Has anyone else tried this?