Photoshop Elements 3

From: stwang@nctv.com
Date: 04/02/05-07:40:08 PM Z

A lot of my friends and colleagues just can't afford, and don't need, the full Photoshop CS, so I have been trying out
Photoshop Elements 3. It's really a very sweet program, with some features not even available in the high priced CS, except
that it did not have curves adjustment tools and no color separation. No more! Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 3, a
book available from Amazon for $26.95 (list price $39.95) gives you a whole bunch of missing stuff, such as layer masks,
history brush, channel mixing, RGB separation, CMYK separation, curve adjustments, and the list goes on and on. It also
comes with plenty of good suggestions for handling digital images, more so than most books on CS.

The software plug-ins on the CD are for both the Mac and Windows. Although some of the workarounds may not be as
convenient to use as in CS, they appear to be able to handle just about anything one would need do to a digital image. By
the way, Best Buy had Elements 3 on sale for $48 after rebates.

Sam Wang