RE: Dumb question about Van dyke toning

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 04/03/05-01:08:18 PM Z

My procedure with gold toning is wash (developing), clear (in citric acid),
and then tone (in gold toner) and then fix. Toning with gold before fixing
cures the bleaching in fixer (because gold toned silver doesn't bleach).
Same applies to palladium or platinum toning AFAIK. But if you tone with
Selenium, then you should do it after fixing because it may stain the print.
I never heard of fixing after gold or pt/pd toning.

Regards,
Loris.