Re: photo chemistry in the classroom

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 04/06/05-09:13:36 PM Z

Ryuji,

Once again, you've got interesting questions and a lot of answers.

This will be a regular 10th grade chemistry class. I've got five or six
sessions with them. I could do a silver gelatin, but it doesn't need to be.

The goal of the residency isn't set yet, so this is still an open question.

I'll have 25 students at a time, so doing a project that requires full
darkness is out of the question. I'd like to do something that they can
do in a darkened classroom with the regular ventilation. (masks,
glasses, gloves and aprons are a given.)

I really want them to get a chance to mix their own chemistry - to get a
sense of the magic of photography, and also an idea that there was
something before digital.

Ideally, it would be beautiful when it's finished.

Thanks also for the bibliography. I'll look up your references.

Barry