Re: modified/crosslinked starch

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/06/05-02:19:34 AM Z

Gordon J. Holtslander wrote:

> I have been reading about colloids, trying to get a better sence of how
> gum printing works.

Hi Gord,
If you figure it out, I sure hope you'll tell us, because I've been
chasing this around for at least five years now and so far all I've been
able to find out for sure is how very little anyone really knows about
it.

I do have a nearly finished web page that has everything I've been able
to find out about the chemistry of gum, or actually PVA, since there's
no literature about gum at all. I haven't uploaded it yet because I've
been waiting for the results of some analyses that a chemist is doing
for me, that's about half done. Unfortunately he's been heavily
involved in some big project and hasn't had a minute to spend on this
for about six months, so I'm still waiting. But if you're interested, I
could strip out the references and send them to you privately.

Katharine