Re: Big trays

From: Jamie Young ^lt;jamiehy@tds.net>
Date: 04/10/05-02:47:43 PM Z

I've used plexiglass to make trays. and it's easy to do
Most plastics places cut it to whatever size., so you figure out the
dimensions. for example if you want a interior dimension of 3.5 feet by
5 feet with a 2" lip made out of 1/4 inch plexi
you would order
1 pc @ 3' 6.5" by 5' .5"
2 pcs 2" x 3'6.5"
and 2 pc 2" x 5'
then you just glue it all together
the glue is actually a solvent that melts it and bonds it together, and
I get it in two forms - the liguid water thin form, and the thickened
stuff.
I glue everything up with the water thin material, and then use the
thickened stuff to put a small bead and fill any thin cracks on the
edge. I've used minor variations to make trays up to 18" by 10 feet.
Works pretty well.
  Jamie Young