Re: OT: Ruby Lith for scientific research

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/11/05-08:15:44 PM Z

I can not tell you exactly, but what I can tell you is that rubylith
tape blocks a very high percentage of the UV light when the reading
instrument has a center wavelength of 373nm and the bandwidth is
30-60nm.

In reading the density of a piece of rubylith tape through my Gretage
D-200-II densitometer with the UV aperture the reading was log 3.85
where the maximum possible would be log 5.0.

Sandy