Re: OT: Ruby Lith for scientific research

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias ^lt;jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net>
Date: 04/12/05-07:35:09 AM Z

Jeremy Moore wrote:
> I'm going to take some scraps of rubylith up to the lab tomorrow to see
> if they will work better than the aluminum foil. ...

All rubylith may or may not be the same. That said, the rubylith I had
used for masking Pt/Pd did not block with long exposures such as more
than an hour. Some of my folded axis work required three hours
exposure. What I used was the black/silver plastic/foil the 8x10 film
came in. Note: It does seem adequate for the shorter 4 to 8 minute
exposures.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/