Re: Demachy and Maskell's postscript

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/12/05-12:17:45 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> But in a private correspondence with a chemist he appealed to the method
> outlined in the Demachy postscript to support a point he was making, and
> asked hadn't I ever tried that. I hadn't, and didn't figure I could say
> anything about it without having tried it, although now that I think
> about it, his not having tried it himself didn't keep him from having an
> opinion about its usefulness to the discussion. But I digress.

Actually I owe my anonymous chemist correspondent an apology for this
little aside here; I assumed he hadn't tested this because he didn't
mention having done so, but in fact he has attempted to replicate this
effect in the past, and got results similar to mine: pigment stain,
dichromate stain, sensitivity similar to the mixed emulsion.
kt