Re: Friends; not OT at all

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 04/20/05-07:36:46 PM Z

Thanks for the kind words, Jan!

It gives me the opportunity to invite anyone in the area to my thesis show
this week, Clemson University Lee Gallery. The reception is this Friday
night at 6 PM. I am really happy with it! There are 37 works in there, 33
are large gum prints only 1/3 of which are on the website, and 4
mordancages. It is in dialogue with another grad student, Bob Bickey, a
sculptor, who does a lot of....hmmm.....sculptures with alternative
materials and of a shall we say sexually referent nature. His work and my
work together is quite the hoot! We think we are going to serve cocktail
weenies with toothpicks and Hostess snowballs with red gumdrops on top at
the show opening to reference male and female body parts...(just kidding,
Sam...sort of...)

I did pass my orals yesterday with much nervousness. Now onto final draft of
thesis.

Tomorrow if anyone is in the area I am giving a "lunch and learn" at Clemson
University where I will demo my gum printing method and talk about my work.

Caveat: tonight while preparing materials for said lunch and learn, two of
my cyanotype underlayers printed really odd. Then I realized I had printed
the blue layer with the blue negative. Oops. Luckily it was in the privacy
of my own bedroom and not at the university's demo. I'll use it as a visual
and just say I planned it that way to teach what NOT to do.
Chris