Re: Dream Darkroom!! (Questions)

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 04/22/05-01:57:15 PM Z

Message Hi Calamity,
     I would get a good dehumidifier as well as a "good" humidity meter...... I would shoot for 40 to 50 % Relative humidity during the peak summer months.... If you don't you would probably have mold issues....... You may also want to bring in a little fresh air..... A small window air conditioner makes a great dehumidifier and gives a little cooling as well....... A small AC unit may even have a fresh air vent on it as well......
      With the furnace in the darkroom does your return air have duct work to it? OR is it just a filter cage on the side of the furnace?..... If it does not have duct work and you block this area off to the rest of the house, you would be blocking off the return air path to the furnace( called a "common return" when the basement acts as the air path..... If this is the case you may have dust issues .....
Jealous,
John Cremati