RE: Dream Darkroom!! (Questions)

From: Jonathan Bailey ^lt;jon@jonathan-bailey.com>
Date: 04/22/05-07:53:55 PM Z

Dianne,

I built my dream darkroom three years ago.... I've out grown it!!

FWIW: I built a sink (fiberglas) 12 feet long by 36" wide. It's too small
in both dimensions (4 20x24 trays and a print washer *just barely* fit...)

On the dry side (12' long): three enlargers: a B-22, a D-2 and a Durst 8x10.
Work bench is too narrow and not deep enough to enlarge anything bigger than
20x24" with either the B-22 or D-2 - and that just barely.

I *never* thought I'd need anything more than what I designed and built -
this is my 8th darkroom. Lesson: If you have the space to spread out (i.e.
35 feet!!) - use it all!!! It will never be wasted or regretted.

Good luck. Have FUN!!

Jon
www.jonathan-bailey.com
Tenants Harbor, Maine