Successful Van Dyke

From: nwlorax ^lt;nwlorax@comcast.net>
Date: 04/27/05-04:58:37 PM Z

All:

After about six years away from photography, I made a platinum toned
Van Dyke print from a paper (vellum) negative. A neighbor stopped and
asked me if I was doing some sort of Victorian photographic process, so
the print was a bit overexposed due to the time spent talking to her.

The print is too dark, and the vellum introduces a stippled effect into
areas that are almost pure whites, like sidewalks. I'll try it again
tomorrow with a higher resolution paper negative, less exposure and
more exact timing of the toning process.

Some days, even failure is a success.

Gordon Cooper