Re: update: screw-in BLB light-box

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 08/01/05-03:47:38 PM Z

John,

The reason is because HID mercury vapor and metal halide units put
out a very large percentage of their total radiation in the visible
spectrum, where it is not useful to UV processes. This is why very
low wattage BL, BLB and SA tubes, though relatively low in total
wattage, are much more efficient in using the radiation than HID
bulbs.

In my opinion HID lamps are no more effective than UV fluorescent
tubes in penetrating into thick gelatin layers.

Sandy