Re: PVA vs. PVA

From: Giovanni Di Mase ^lt;gdimase@hotmail.com>
Date: 08/02/05-02:53:10 AM Z

What I am basically working is to produce very large paper prints of 1.00
mts x .80 mts using alternative processes.
Yesterday I prepared a hand made paper of that dimension and "drunk" 150 cc
of PVA acetate sizing at 1:5 ratio (it also gained weight).
This was a single sheet of paper.
So far my tests with 60 cms x 40 cms prints are fine (I am using Cyano and
Van Dyke so far but I will move afterwards to gum bichromate).
I found that PVA acetate sizing for these dimensions and eventually number
of prints is easier than gelatin+hardener sizing but I will only know at the
end.
I hope this explanation complies with your WHY question.
Giovanni
pd No problems producing a large negative and getting the proper UV source.