RE: Re: PVA vs. PVA

From: davidhatton@superonline.com
Date: 08/03/05-05:43:26 AM Z
Hi All,

In my eternal quest to distill art from the depths of space between my ears and apply it ( the art) to paper I have determined the following:
1)
PVA - white but dries clear - soluble in water - used as a waterproofing agent and plasticizer in cement etc..Does indeed work as a size applied once diluted 1 - 12 with bottled water. When dry it is insoluble in water.

2)
PVA - trans/lucent/parent and sold as 'gum' - mixed 1 - 3 with bottled water - initially rejects Potted dick solution, clotting with the pigment. After leaving to stand for a couple of days at room temperature, PD solution is not rejected and mixes well with pigment. It is very fast exposure wise and is soluble in water unless hardened. It also renders nice tonal images from diginegs and shows superb detail (if required of course).

I know nothing about co-polymers, polymers. This is just empirical. I also think it helps to be slightly anxious.

David H (from temporary UK residence so you may never see this)