Re: The Center for Photographic History and Technology

From: clargess ^lt;clargess@cox.net>
Date: 08/04/05-07:09:06 AM Z

Richard,
My name is Connie Largess and I spoke to you briefly at the end of the APIS
conference last month. I am very excited about the Center for Photographic
History and Technology because I believe it is very much aligned with what I
am attempting to do (on a much smaller scale) in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have
recently opened Dark Horse Studio, a studio / gallery which will be
exclusively dedicated to historic photographic processes. My mission is to
preserve historic photographic processes by exclusively working and
conducting research of historical photographic processes as well as hosting
exhibits and classes by visiting artists working in the historic processes.
The gallery space is approximately 1000 sq feet and the studio space has a
fully equiped wet darkroom that has a 12 ft stainless sink and ventelated
fume hood. I am currently working primarily with the daguerreotype process
(traditional mercury development under tightly controled ventelated fume
hood) and wet plate (on glass and tintypes) as well as platinum/palladium. I
would be very interested in forming an informal affiliate group and would
greatly appreciate any and all advise that you and your orginization might
be kind enough to provide. I believe that the time is ripe to do everything
possible to help preserve existing images and educate people about the
beautiful photographic processes that built the foundation of photography as
we know it today. I want to do whatever I can to insure that in the future
others will have access to information and instruction about these processes
so they can continue to be performed and the beauty of these images can be
enjoyed. (Sorry....didn't mean to carry on, but I'm passionate about my
mission).

Thanks for taking on this vast project and I look foward to being a founding
member of the Center for Photographic History and Technology and would
greatly appreciate any and all advise and guidance on how Dark Horse Studio
can assist in the mission of the Center. Please feel free to contact me by
phone or email.

Kind regards,

Connie Largess
cell: 918-633-2815