RE: GUM PRINTING QUESTION

From: wcharmon@wt.net
Date: 08/08/05-01:01:40 PM Z

I think the amount of staining may depend on your local conditions. I get
horrible staining after two coats - everything has a yellow-green cast that
clears immediately when I put it in K-bisulfite. Kerik K., who uses
essentially a very similar process and chemistry workflow to mine, experiences
very little staining. My guess is that the local character of the tap water
has a lot to do with the degree of staining, which would pretty much negate
any universally applicable rule being valid in all circumstances. My vote
would be for stating loudly the gum printers motto: "It depends"

Clay
Quoting davidhatton@superonline.com: