Re: Demise of film

From: Dan Burkholder ^lt;fdanb@aol.com>
Date: 08/08/05-01:21:19 PM Z

Actually, Bergger's experiment with marketing a Bromoil paper is at an
end. Jill (my wife) tested it for Freestyle and liked it. But alas, the
sales were dismal so Bergger has dropped it. This was, of course, after
much banter about how much desire there was for a bromoil paper. Seems
more photographers vote with their mouths than with their pocketbooks.
For those interested, Freestyle has some of the Bergger bromoil paper in
stock at www.freestyle.biz. Freestyle also stocks the Kentmere Art
Document paper that's good for bromoil.

Here's another source for classic films and papers:

http://www.jandcphoto.com/

This company lists sheet film up to 20x24 too.

Isn't working in "alternate processes" always about adapting and
adjusting. I mean, that's why these processes are "alternative." In
fact, Jill just had a note on the "Bromoil List" from some bromoilists
in Denmark who are working strictly with Liquid Emulsion. It's not that
they have to owing to lack of factory supplied materials, but that they
like the brush marks and other evidence of process. Neat!

Dan

--
www.danburkholder.com
www.tinytutorials.com