RE: Introduction and Oxford Conference 10th and 11th September

From: Gerry Giliberti ^lt;GGILIBERTI@controlotron.com>
Date: 08/09/05-08:20:30 AM Z

Hi Peter,

I'm been working with the polymer plates for about ten years now. I was
introduced to them by Dan Weldan who lives near me. Although I did lots of
etching and printmaking ages ago in college, much later in the 90s I got
into solar plate. Dan and I had a number of mutual artist friends and that's
how I found out about his work. Initially I didn't use a screen and got
abstract results, which I still really like. For polymer plate photogravure
I have been using a 40-micro dot screen I got from Dan. I'm no expert by any
means but I do have some quality experience and love printing. It all
started for me when I took printing in high school where I worked on a
platen press, made halftones and line shots and eventually moved on to
offset lithography and silkscreen.

Anyway, there are a few of us out here on the list.

Gerry Giliberti
(The conference in England sounds great. I'd love to go but my rocket belt
is in for repairs.)