Re: Pt./Pd. question acid pre-soak

From: Kerik ^lt;kerik@kerik.com>
Date: 08/09/05-10:38:39 AM Z

Ryuji,

I'm not interested in getting in a chemistry debate here. Note I said
*apparently* and perhaps I should have said alkaline rather than
*buffered*. But, I use a pH test pencil (Google it if you want to see one)
to check the pH of papers. I realize this is a rough estimate and there
are probably better and more precise ways to measure this, but FAEW shows
higher pH prior to acid treatment than most other papers I've tried.