Re: Kallitype

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 08/09/05-05:47:35 PM Z

Scott,

First, all fluorescent tubes put out some UV light so if you are
drying the sensitized paper in this light this could be part of your
problem. But it sounds like you have worse issues.

You really have me confused about the developers and clearing agents.
I have never used the Borax Rochelle salt developers so can not
comment but your clearing agent, potassium oxalate, is normally used
as a developer.

Finally, a real key to your problem is in how the image looks after
exposure. There should be kind of a "whisper" of an image after
exposure, just a bit more than with Pt./Pd. But by no means should it
look like a good print at this time. The print kind of appears
during development almost as soon as you pour in the developer.

Sandy