RE: Pt./Pd. question acid pre-soak

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 08/11/05-05:21:32 PM Z

If your ferric is only going to be used for platinum/palladium printing, I
believe you are more able to play with it. I would even say that PT and PD
solutions may react to different amounts of oxalic acid. It might also be
interesting to see if the additional of different EDTA di vs tetra has any
impact as di is pH 7ish and tetra is around 10ish if memory serves me
correctly. I did add some edta to some early batches of home brewed ferric
and produced a nearly insoluble solid; at least it was solid in water once I
was able to get it out of the bottle.

Has any one tried precoating with Ferric Nitrate solution?

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226